For the First Hat of Christmas I truly crocheted for me... a quick and easy project under an oak tree... #
The results are in, and I'm 1 for 2. The peaked hat came out cute, and it was quick and easy:
Ravelry Project notes: Cute and quick hat. I had no problem with sizing. My natural tension fit the size of my head. I did have to redo the brim though. I assumed I would need to tighten up a bit, but that was clearly the wrong assumption as it made the brim curl and stick to my forehead rather than stick out like a real brim. Instead, I loosened up a bit more than natural and it came out fine. Love it!
For the Second Hat of Christmas I truly crocheted for me... a felted fedora that I really do not love... #
Yeah, so this originally came out more like a top hat until I manipulated it into a salvageable cowboy hat. I was a little freaked out before the felting, but it shrank up fine after about an hour of agitation... talk about a workout! I don't like the hat so much, but it was fun exploring felting, and I'm sure this won't be my last felting project.
Ravelry Project Notes: So, this was supposed to be a felted fedora. It originally came out more like a top hat, but I was able to manipulate the crown a bit to make it shorter and look more like a cowboy hat. It’s all different colors because I kept running out of yarn. So, it wasn’t the greatest project, but I do like how felting comes out so I might try felting out a bit more. The higher difficulty is only because of the work involved in agitating for a hard felt.
My Hat Queue Status #
** subject to change based on my whim
- Women's Peaked Cap - done!
- Felted Fedora from The Color Book of Felted Crochet - done!
- Crochet Owl Hat for a toddler... or maybe an adult like me because it's so cute
- Cap with flower (pdf)
- Audrey's Lace Cap (link no longer exists)
- Lacey Newsboy Cap (I have no idea the real name - this is a Japanese pattern from this book)
- Puff Stitch Newsboy (ditto on the name - from this other Japanese crochet book)
- Slanting Stitches hat (photo is bad, but it looks cute when you roll up the brim) (link no longer exists)
- Relax Ramie Hat (pdf)
- Tsubaki Cotton Hat (pdf)
- Girly-style hat (pdf)
Please post links to any crocheted hats you think I should make in the comments!